Revive Your Relationship!
You want to finally feel like you can communicate!
Most relationships at some point get stuck in negative patterns of communication. We find ourselves repeating the same arguments with no resolution, and we start to feel hopeless. We feel like we're on a merry go round going in circles, getting more dizzy by the minute. Eventually, we just want to jump off or avoid it all together.
You want to become lovers again, instead of roommates.
If we both decide to jump off this merry go round, and no one is pushing for connection or resolution, we can begin to feel like roommates. Once the sexual intimacy also fades, we might start to wonder if we're even in love anymore. These are lonely and painful times for couples.
You need help recovering and rebuilding after an affair
Although it may seem too difficult, it is possible to repair your relationship after an affair. You can rebuild trust and a new level of intimacy, maybe even more than you had before. Individuals and couples can learn a lot about themselves and their relationships from affairs, and we hope to help you use this time for healing and growth in order move forward, in or beyond your current relationship.
You are considering a break-up and need help seeing if there is any hope.
Sometimes couples get hopeless and feel that breaking up or getting divorced is the only option. This is a big decision, especially when children are involved.
Discernment Counseling is like pre-counseling, where we work together to help each of you weigh your options, determine if there is any hope for your relationship and if counseling could help, and gain clarity so you are confident in the choice you make.
We have a passion for couples therapy at CFTC. Couples therapy is a difficult type of therapy that requires specialized training and skills in order to effectively help struggling couples.
All too often couples have gotten therapy with a well intentioned, but inexperienced therapist leaving them frustrated, and possibly giving up too soon.
Therefore, CFTC has was developed as a center dedicated to continuously train and master therapy models and techniques that are designed for couples and strengthening relationships.
CFTC emphasizes training in Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy developed by Susan Johnson specifically for couples.
The model is dedicated to securing the attachment between partners.
When a couple feels reconnected and secure again, the daily problems and conflicts become much easier to solve.
EFT is grounded in attachment theory making it helpful for couples throughout different age groups, ethnicites, sexual orientations, and spiritual beliefs.
How couples counseling at CFTC can help:
- Break Free from Negative Patterns: Couples often get caught in negative patterns that keep repeating, leading to perpetual conflict and distance. Couples feel as if they are reliving the same arguments, or feel so distant they're like roommates. This is when couples say they feel stuck, every time they try to work on the relationship, they feel as if they keep jumping on the same merry-go-round that just keeps going around and around, getting nowhere.
- Go Beyond Communication Skills: Couples will not just learn "I statements" or how to "fight fair." They will experience a very different kind of communication, speaking from the heart. We will help you find that you already have the skills to communicate with your partner when you feel supported and safe enough to express yourself.
- Increase Trust & Security in Your Relationship: When you learn how to break your patterns, and connect on a deeper level, you will feel closer to your partner, and will experience increased trust and security. This is what will give you a more lasting change in your relationship, so you can see a long future together again.
- Improve your Sexual Intimacy: Couples counseling is not just about emotional intimacy, but also about sexual intimacy. The benefit is, the more secure your relationship becomes, the more you'll be able to improve and revive your sexual relationship as well. You will be supported and guided in enhancing your sexual experiences, or overcoming the challenges.
*If you are hoping to use insurance for your couples counseling, this changes the therapy process a bit.
Read more about Insurance Coverage for Couples Counseling.
The benefits of working on your relationship and becoming a connected couple are:
- Feeling more hope and happiness in your life
- Increased self-esteem
- Happier children and family
- Increased physical health
- Improved mental health
- Increased security and emotional well-being for your children
- Improved performance and success for the family-work, school, etc.
- More ability to cope with life's difficulties and disappointments
- Decreased depression and anxiety
- Less risk to emotional trauma
- Decreased conflicts
- More ability to problem solve together
- Less risk of emotional or physical affairs
- Dare I go on...and on...and on....
Signs you might need couples counseling:
- You are repeating the same arguments with no resolution
- You are feeling so distant you're practically roommates
- You are losing hope that your relationship will survive
- Intimacy and sexual interactions have significantly decreased
- Conflict is escalating
- You are not spending any quality time as a couple anymore
- The only thing you feel you have in common is your children
- You find you are sharing your relationship concerns with others, but not with your partner.
- You find you are looking for escape with alcohol, drugs, internet, television, etc.
- You feel no matter how hard you try, your partner does not understand you
- You hear yourself saying, "we don't communicate," or "we need communication skills"
If you would like to read more details about the process of couples counseling, please read What to Expect in Couples Counseling.