Welcome to Couples & Family Therapy Center
A higher standard of counseling services for
Teens - Adults - Couples - Families
We are passionate about relationships! We know that healing and strenghtening relationships improves the health and well being of individuals, families, and our communities. Give us a call, we are happy to help.
Discernment Counseling - Couples Considering A Break-up or Divorce
Love Better Live Well - A Trusted Resource for Couples (Blog site with articles & handouts)
How can counseling help me?
- Ease the grip of depression and anxiety.
- Improve your skills in communication, stress management, and emotional coping.
- Improve your relationship with your partner, children, or others.
- Strenghten your self-esteem and confidence.
- Meet and exceed your personal and professional goals.
- Finally get resolution to problems or conflicts.
- Break free from negative stuck patterns in life and relationships.
- Get the support you need to change your life.
How do I know if I might need counseling?
- You find yourself feeling stuck, not sure how to make a change
- You have tried things on your own with little improvement
- Your symptoms (such as depressed mood, worry) have lasted for more than a few weeks
- You have times of hopelessness, helplessness, or worthlessness
- You are repeating patterns of behaviors, or relationships, you can't seem to change
- You have self defeating behaviors such as drug/alcohol abuse, self harm, self sabotage
- Your relationship is repeating the same arguments, or feels like distant roommates
- You don't understand your emotions, or feel like you can't control them
- Your teens are struggling and you're not sure how to help them
- You don't get the support you need from family and friends
- Read our topic pages, such as Depression Help and Anxiety Help, for more guidance
When can I use my insurance?
- Insurance is used for counseling and therapy when the services are deemed necessary for a mental health issue.
- After an assessment with a therapist, if you seem to struggle with a mental health issue that is diagnosed and also covered by insurance, you will likely be able to use your insurance benefits for counseling.
- It is often best to call your insurance before going to a counseling appointment. You may want to ask what your "outpatient mental health benefits" are, whether couples counseling or family counseling is covered, and if the therapist you would like to see is "in network."
- Sometimes services such as couples counseling are not covered, but are just as important and helpful for healing. Be sure to talk with the therapist you would like to see about any question or concerns you have about insurance or the cost of counseling sessions.
- Read more about Insurance Coverage for Couples Counseling